Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My First Blog :)

Welcome! 
My name is Jennifer, I'm 30 years old and I've just recently moved back to Sacramento, CA after being in San Diego and Las Vegas for the last 5 years. I'm 35 weeks 5 days pregnant and OH SO excited to have my first baby, a little boy, name yet to be determined.  I'm going to give birth at my local birth center and do this the natural way so that my son and I can have the optimal bonding experience for the best possible start of our relationship (hopefully!).  My sister is my best friend, roommate and birthing partner.  Both of my parents, and all of my family, live here in Sacramento and are beyond excited to meet the first child of our next generation next month.  My family has been very supportive, at least to my face :), of my desires to practice a sorta crunchy parenting style, except maybe the topic of extended/full-term breastfeeding.

So I think I'm just about ready to meet my lil man.  I've got my Marathon 70 installed, Gdiapers and leg warmers are on their way, I've got my BBLP sitting next to the big toilet ready to start EC'ing and a playyard set up next to my bed, just in case he likes his own bed better (doubt it :)).  Oh, and I've been practicing my wrapping techniques with my Moby and listening to my hypnobirthing tracks every night.  Other than that, I don't know what else I can do to prepare... I'm just so excited!  I'm definitely looking forward to my upcoming journey into motherhood.


32 weeks




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've made a bunch of really great / big decisions for a great start to your lives together!

    I wanted to advise, though, (not that you asked)... maybe "share" is a better word... With a newborn, you may find EC easier if you hold him rather than put him ON the potty. Though my daughter was a few months old before we got our BBLP. I set the BBLP on the counter facing away from me so she could lean on me before she could sit up on her own.

    I'm excited for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete